Registering with Wapp sets up your account, but it won’t automatically start any cover.
To register follow these steps:
1. Enter your personal details
2. Add your email address
3. Verify your email
4. Tell us your home address
5. Confirm your marketing preferences
6. Enable push notifications and location services
7. Set up PIN/ touch ID
There are 2 parts to your policy. The first is your On-Trip Cover — this part is what covers you for things like emergency medical expenses while you’re abroad. The second part is your Optional Monthly Subscription — this covers trip cancellation and cutting your trip short.
We use real time pricing, so the price you’re shown for On-Trip Cover is only valid up until the end of the calendar day. Don’t worry, we’ll store your details on the app for 30 days, so you can continue setting up your cover if you’re not quite finished.
You won’t be charged for On-Trip Cover until you return from a trip, but your Optional Monthly Subscription will be billed monthly.
If you’re looking for travel insurance from Wapp, then it’s important to download the app as soon as you can.
To be eligible for cover, you must be in the United Kingdom when you download the app and
complete your registration; and;
- Live at a permanent address in the United Kingdom; and
- Have lived in the United Kingdom for at least 6 of the last 12 months; and
- Are registered with a General Practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- Be 85 years of age or under when starting any trip
You can only have the app downloaded on 1 phone at a time because we use the location of that device to activate your cover.
Each single trip you take can last up to 35 days and must start and end in the UK. There’s a 183-day limit for the total number of days you can spend abroad in 12 months.
To register for Wapp, you must be 18 or over. Other travellers on your policy can be from 0-85 years old. Age limits may apply for certain sports and activities.