Terms of Business
In this Terms of Business Agreement “Wapp”, “we”, “us” and “our” means “Wapp Limited”.
Wapp travel insurance is arranged by Wapp Limited which is registered in Gibraltar, company number: 120329.
Registered office: First Floor, Grand Ocean Plaza, Ocean Village, Gibraltar. Wapp Limited is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission and trades into the United Kingdom on a freedom of services basis. Financial Conduct Authority FRN 974092.
Wapp travel insurance is administered by Howserv Limited which is registered in England and Wales, company number 03882026. Registered office: Britannia House, 3-5 Rushmills Business Park, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN4 7YB. Howserv Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 599282.
We are remunerated by commission for the arrangement and service of your insurance policy. Also, for some of our insurers we may receive a profit share payment if they achieve performance targets across their product portfolio.
Wapp Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Staysure Group.
Your agreement to these Terms of Business
In seeking insurance through us, you agree to the Terms of Business Agreement. This does not affect your normal statutory rights.
About our Service
We are committed to treating you fairly in all our dealings with you now and in the future. You’ll not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You’ll then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
Demands and Needs statement
Wapp does not offer advice or recommend insurance. You should decide, before purchasing, whether the terms of this insurance policy meet your demands and needs for travel insurance. This insurance has been specifically designed to meet the demands and needs of those who wish to ensure that they are financially protected in the event of medical emergencies, delayed departures, lost, stolen or delayed possessions, loss of travel money and passport and personal liability when travelling and if chosen, optional cover can be included if applicable for cancellation and curtailment. The levels of cover may vary depending on which level of cover you choose and where you travel to.
About the Products we Offer
We offer travel insurance from Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited.
Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13436330 and whose registered office address is 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3M 5BN.Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 955859. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting: register.fca.org.uk
We also offer several additional cover options, including:
- Travel Disruption Cover
- Cancellation Cover
It is your responsibility to ensure that you provide us with complete and accurate information when arranging your insurance, during the life of your policy and any time you make a change to it. Please take care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t, your policy may be cancelled, or treated as if it never existed, or your claim rejected or not paid in full.
When a policy and related documents (e.g. policy wording or schedule of cover) are issued, you‘re strongly advised to read them carefully as they form the basis of the cover you have purchased. If you’re in doubt over any of the policy terms or conditions, please contact us and we will be happy to explain and clarify any points for you.
You can make changes to your policy using the app. If you need clarity on any of the policy terms or conditions you can contact us at [email protected] or call on 0333 006 8020.
Protecting Your Data
We collect and maintain personal information to allow our insurers to underwrite and administer the policies that we issue. All personal information is treated with the utmost confidentiality and with appropriate levels of security. We won’t keep your information longer than necessary. Your information will be protected from accidental or unauthorised disclosure. We will only reveal your information if it is allowed by law, authorised by you, to prevent fraud or in order that we can liaise with our agents in the administration of this policy.
Insurers share information with each other to aid the prevention of fraudulent claims. In the event of a claim, information is placed on industry registers for analysis. Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right of access to your personal records held on our files and we will provide this information should you request it via a subject access request form.
To provide better customer service, your calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and compliance purposes.
You should share your policy schedule and policy wording with anyone insured under the policy. We will only deal with the organiser of the policy with regard to travel insurance.
Wapp is unable to guarantee any quote provided beyond the end of the day, that it is produced. We reserve the right to pass on any increases to premiums at any time.
All prices shown included IPT (Insurance Premium Tax) at the current rate.
Subscription and Trip prices may change. We will always give you 30 days’ notice of any change in price that are made by us.
Age related price changes will start the day a traveller moves into a new age bracket, unless you are on a covered trip.
Age brackets are:
0 years – 17 years
18 years – 60 years
61 years – 75 years
76 years – 85 years
The daily price shown at the start of a trip, will be the daily price you pay throughout the trip. These prices don’t include activities, that can be added at an additional daily premium.
Our Administration Charges
We are normally remunerated by commission, which is paid by the insurer. It is deducted from the premium, but we also reserve the right to supplement or replace this with a fee for our services when arranging, amending, and cancelling any insurance policy.
Method of Payment
You can pay for your insurance by credit or debit card. Card details are taken but not stored by WAPP.
When you register, we will validate your payment card. If you sign up to our subscription service, we will do this when you make your first payment. If you don’t sign up to our subscription service, we will send a request of authorisation to your card issuer to validate your chosen payment card. With the latter, no monies will be taken.
Your subscription costs will be taken on the first day of every month, using the default payment card you have set up.
Your trip costs will be taken 1-2 days after you return to your country of residence, or you reach the maximum trip length stated in your policy wording.
If we aren’t able to take payment on the first attempt, we will try again after 2 calendar days. If we are still unable to take payment at the second attempt, we will email you, asking you to arrange payment within 7 calendar days. If you still haven’t paid or contacted us to arrange payment of the amount owing by the date given in the email, your policy will be cancelled, and we will commence action on recoveringoutstanding costs / charges / debts, where you’ll have to pay all reasonable costs incurred.
If your default card is cancelled or the card details change, you agree to notify Wapp Limited of the updated card information. You can do this in the app, using the web app or by calling our customer service team on 0330 006 8020. If you fail to give us updated card information, you authorise Wapp Limited to obtain the updated details from your card issuer, if available.
We act as an agent for the insurer for the collection of premiums and payment of premiums. Your money is held in an Insurer Trust Account, which is managed in accordance with the FCA statutory trust rules. This means that premiums are treated as being received by the insurer when received in our bank account and any premium refund is treated as received by you when it is actually paid over to you.
Cancelling your policy
We hope you love the service so much that you never want to cancel, but if you do, you can cancel your policy in the account section of the app or web app. If you cancel your On-Trip Cover within the first 12 hours of landing at your destination, then you won’t be charged but you also won’t be covered for your trip. If you cancel after this time, your cover will stop immediately and you’ll be charged for the days that you used, including any part days. You will not be able to reactivate cover for the trip you are on.
Cancelling your subscription
You can cancel your subscription whenever you’re not on a trip. If you do cancel it, you’ll receive the benefits of the subscription up to the end of the calendar month in which you cancelled it.
You have 14 calendar days from the start of your policy to cancel it for a full refund, – as long as you haven’t started a trip, made an amendment to your policy, or made a claim during this period.
If you have started a trip, made an amendment to your policy, or made a claim during this period, then you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund for the remaining number of days you have paid for, and not used.
If you cancel your policy outside your cooling off period, then you won’t be eligible for a pro-rata refund, except in the following circumstances.
- Your policy is cancelled by us, because you are no longer eligible for cover, or we can’t cover you for your medical conditions, or you have reached the maximum age limit of the policy.
- You cancel your policy during a medical amendment.
If your trip hasn’t been recorded accurately and you have been incorrectly charged, you will need to contact us within 28 days of the trip ending, for us to make a change to it. We will then refund the original cost back to the card you paid on. The new charge will be collected from your card within 2 days.
Refunds can take up to 5 working days to reach your card. Where we are unable to refund back to the original card that payment was taken from, you will need to contact us to arrange a BACs refund, these can take up to 14 days to reach your chosen account.
Changes to your subscription
You can make changes to your subscription cost any time, as long as you’re in the UK.
If you Increase the value of your cancellation and curtailment cover or add Travel Disruption Cover, the cost of your monthly subscription will go up. These changes will start immediately.
If you decrease the value of your cancellation and curtailment cover or add Travel Disruption Cover, the cost of your monthly subscription will reduce. These changes will take place from the start of the next month.
Other changes made to your policy can also affect the cost of your monthly subscription.
- Adding/removing travellers to your policy
- Adding or removing medical conditions to/from any traveller on your policy
Where you make a change to your policy, that affects the cost of your monthly subscription, any additional cost/credit that is applied, will carry over to your next subscription payment.
If a credit is applied and the value of the credit is greater than the cost of your next subscription payment, the difference will be refunded to your payment card, at your next subscription payment date.
Changes to Your Underwriter
We reserve the right to engage a new insurance provider for part or all of your policy in the future. Should this happen, we will write to inform you of the change, providing details of your new provider as well as any amendments to your policy. Through the purchase of your policy, you consent to the potential transfer of your cover and any personal data held about you being shared with an alternative insurance provider.
Our travel alerts can help you to stay up to date with the latest safety news in your current location and/or at a location you have favourited. You should use them whilst making your own risk assessment when travelling. Alerts provided by Riskline do not automatically guarantee cover for that event by your policy. You must agree to the travel alert conditions before you can access them.
Travel alerts are provided to you by Riskline.
Wapp & Riskline are unable to warrant that all information and updates are complete, adequate and error free. You should always check with official sources if any information worries you.
Please note that travel alerts are provided by Riskline and are completely independent from the travel insurance cover provided by Wapp. Information provided in the travel alerts does not automatically mean that a claim arising from that incident will be covered by your travel insurance.
Refer a Friend
This is a summary of the key conditions to redeem rewards. It does not replace the full terms & conditions of Mention Me.
These can be found at: wapp.mention-me.com/me/terms/110900/cfthqjwl.
1. The referrer is offered 1 free day cover to any covered destination, for each friend who signs up to a Wapp policy for the first time.
2. The referee is offered 1 free day cover to any covered destination.
3. Free day(s) apply to the policy holder only.
4. Free day(s) only apply to the base premium of your travel cover cost. They do not apply to any medical screening costs, gadget, or activity cover, where relevant.
5. In order for the referrer to receive their reward.
a. they must have a Wapp policy that is not cancelled
b. they must have a valid payment card on their account
c. they must be over the age of 18
d. the referee must meet their eligibility criteria (in section 6, below).
6. In order for the referee to receive their reward.
a. they must have a Wapp policy that is not cancelled.
b. they must have a valid payment card on their account.
c. they must be over the age of 18.
7. In order to share this offer, the referrer must be over the age of 18.
8. Rewards will be cumulative and so if multiple qualifying referrals are made to Wapp, multiple rewards will be delivered to the referrer.
9. Free day(s) earnt are automatically used on the next applicable trip taken.
10. Free days can only be used in destinations that we are able to provide cover.
11. If free days are not all used during a current trip, they will carry over to the next applicable trip.
12. Free day(s) can only be used on a Wapp policy that is not cancelled, where the referrer has a valid payment card on their account.
13. Free day(s) have no cash value.
14. Free day(s) that are used on a trip which is cancelled, will be returned to the referrer/referee.
15. Free day(s) expire 15 months after being applied to your account.
16. Maximum of 31 free days can be earnt in a rolling 12-month period.
17. Wapp Limited reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any Referee or Referrer at any time.
18. Wapp Limited reserves the right to vary any, and all elements of this offer at any time without notice.
Charity and Community Support Initiative donations
This is a summary of the key conditions for charity and Community Support Initiative donation promotions offered by Wapp Limited.
1. Wapp will send donations on a monthly basis to the Charity or Community Support Initiatives stated on the relevant promotional material.
2. Donations are valid once a policy has been created using the bespoke promotion code in the promotion code box at sign up.
3. Wapp reserves the right to not make a donation on suspicion of fraud or misrepresentation.
4. Donations to charity or Community Support initiatives as a result of promotional codes are capped at £1000 per charity, however this may be increased at Wapp’s discretion.
5. Wapp Limited reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Wapp Limited may also create rules which apply to a specific promotion only. If we do this, we will publish the amended rules and/or specific rules on the relevant promotional material and in our Terms of Business.
6. There are no cash alternatives.
7. The value of each donation is £5 per customer that uses a promotional code.
8. Closing date for the Charity or Community Support Initiative donation is as stated in promotional material.
9. Charity or Community Support Initiative donation offers are available to new Wapp customers only.
10. Charity or Community Support Initiative donation offers are only offered once per new policy created.
11. Our promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with the charities or Community Support Initiatives unless otherwise stated.
12. Our promotions are administered by Howserv Limited which is registered in England and Wales 03882026 and registered office is Britannia House, 3-5 Rushmills Business Park, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN4 7YB. Howserv Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 599282
This is a summary of the key conditions for promotions offered by Wapp Limited.
1. Promotional offers are available to new Wapp customers only.
2. Promotional offers can only be used once per account.
3. Any free day(s) earnt as part of an offer, are for the policy holder only.
4. Free day(s) only apply to the base premium of your travel cover cost. They do not apply to any medical screening costs, gadget, or activity cover, where relevant.
5. Wapp Limited reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Wapp Limited may also create rules which apply to a specific promotion only. If we do this, we will publish the amended rules and/or specific rules on the relevant promotional material and in our terms of business.
6. Our promotions are administered by Howserv Limited which is registered in England and Wales 03882026 and registered office is Britannia House, 3-5 Rushmills Business Park, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN4 7YB. Howserv Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 599282.
7. Our promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with the brand/prize(s) unless otherwise stated.
8. Free days can only be used on a trip to a destination that is within the region mentioned in the offer.
9. Free days can only be used in destinations where we are able to provide cover.
10. Where applicable, free days earnt through the promotion are used before free days earnt through the refer a friend scheme.
11. Any free days not used during a trip to an applicable destination, will carry over to next trip to an applicable destination.
12. Free days have no cash value.
13. Free day(s) can only be used on a Wapp policy that is not cancelled, and there is a valid payment card on the account.
14. Free day(s) expire 15 months after being applied to your account.
15. Offer can be used in conjunction with free days earnt through the Refer a Friend offer.
Golf prize draw
1. Entrants must be (a) a UK resident (b) over 18 years of age at the time of entry (c) Registered for a Wapp travel insurance policy using offer code GOLF.
2. Customers must refer to the promotional material for minimum spend, if applicable.
3. Customers must refer to the promotional material for qualifying dates, if applicable.
4. Maximum of six entries permitted per household and all must be unique UK residents aged over 18.
5. Entry to the prize draw is deemed acceptance of the rules.
6. The closing date for entries to the prize draw is 27/08/2023.
7. Two prizes are available as part of the Wapp Celebrity Series Prize Draw (one Titleist Golf Bag and one SkyCaddie Handheld GPS Device). One prize will be allocated per selected winner on a random basis.
8. All prizes are subject to availability. Wapp Limited reserves the right to change the prize at any time.
9. No cash alternative will be given and prizes are not transferable to other people.
10. Prize draws are not open to employees of Wapp Limited or any subsidiary of Staysure Holdings Limited.
11. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges or at random and the independent judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will be informed by email or by telephone, via the contact details provided when signing up for a policy within 30 days of the competition close date. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If Social Network prize draw, the winner will be informed via direct message on the relevant channel.
13. Prize draw winners will receive prizes within 90 days of the prize draw closing date.
14. If a winner fails to respond to a communication from Wapp Limited, fails to provide an address for delivery, or is unable to meet the eligibility requirements for the prize, this may result in the prize won being forfeited
15. If a prize is forfeited, Wapp Limited reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, unless otherwise stated.
16. The winner(s) agree to the publishing of their name and/or photograph for the purpose of publicity. The winner(s) agree to give permission to Wapp Limited to use entries in marketing materials.
17. Wapp Limited reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Wapp Limited may also create rules which apply to a specific prize draw only. If we do this, we will publish the amended prize draw rules and/or specific rules on the relevant promotional material or webpage.
18. Our prize draws which is registered in England and Wales 03882026 and registered office is Britannia House, 3-5 Rushmills, Northampton, NN4 7YB. Wapp Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 599282.
19. Our prize draws are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with the Legends Tour, European Tour, any brands/prize(s) unless otherwise stated
Terms & Conditions for use of the Mobile App, Website and Web app
The mobile app, web app, website and their contents are the copyright of Wapp Limited, which is licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission. All rights reserved.
Non-commercial use only
These terms and conditions of use apply to your use of the mobile app, website and web app. They provide a legal document which sets out your rights and obligations, and those of Wapp Limited in relation to the services offered through the mobile app, web app and website. References to “mobile app”, “web app”, “website”, “our”, “we” and “us” refer to Wapp Limited. By creating an account on the mobile app and/or web app or visiting the website, you’re deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
By downloading the mobile app, you’re also agreeing to the terms & conditions set out by Apple or Google.
The information displayed on the mobile app, web app and the website belong to Wapp Limited and is provided for customer use only. It shall not be used by any person or entity resident within a jurisdiction where such distribution would be contrary to that jurisdiction’s applicable regulations.
The mobile app, web app and the website are intended for the purpose of genuine personal insurance quotes only. They are not to be used for “mystery shopping” to obtain quotations or related information.
The website shall not be used for marketing purposes or to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
Systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website are not permitted without our express written consent.
We are not liable for any errors or omissions to be found on the mobile app, web app and website.
You may only use the mobile app, web app and website for your personal use (which will at all times be reasonable and not abusive) or for purposes legitimately connected with purchasing our products and services.
You’re not allowed to access, use, or copy any material or information on the mobile app, web app or website for any commercial purpose or for any purposes which are unlawful. In particular, you’re not allowed to copy (whether by printing off, storing on disk or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), alter, or tamper with in any way or use any material contained in the mobile app, web app or website. You may print off any individual page on the website for your own personal use.
Ownership and use of information
The mobile app, web app and website displays brands, trademarks and registered trademarks which are registered in the UK. Other product and company names mentioned on the mobile app, web app and website are proprietary to their respective owners. You’re not licensed to use any of the marks on our mobile app, web app and website unless written permission is granted, and you may not meta tag any of these marks.
Unless otherwise stated, we own (or are licensed to use) the intellectual property rights in the content and information in the mobile app, web app and website, including (without limitation) all text, sound, photographs, images, logos, maps, podcasts, blogs, customer reviews, graphics, design, underlying source and software. Subject to the “Non-Commercial Use Only” section above, material and information, either whole or in part, from this website may not be reproduced, copied, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any form or medium without our and/or the appropriate owner’s prior written permission.
Website and Web App operation
The website and web app is operated by Wapp Limited, registered in Gibraltar as an independent insurance intermediary. Your data, at the point of obtaining a quote, will be passed to Howserv Limited, and will become the property of Howserv Limited at the point your quote is complete.
Mobile App operation
The mobile app is operated by Wapp Limited, registered in Gibraltar as an independent insurance intermediary. Your data, at the point of obtaining a quote, will be passed to Howserv Limited, and will become the property of Howserv Limited at the point your quote is complete.
You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections in order to use the mobile app. In order to use the mobile app, you consent to automatically, or manually download and install any updates we make to the mobile app.
You also consent to the sending of notifications to you from the app and the mobile app’s use of location services, in order for us to provide our services to you.
You’re responsible for all mobile network data plans, internet fees and other fees and taxes associated with your usage of the mobile app.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wapp Limited disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied by statute, custom or usage relating to the information contained in the mobile app, web app and website and we shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract to (including negligence), or otherwise arising from the mobile app, web app or website, or from any interruption or delay in accessing this mobile app, web app and website.
By accessing, using, browsing, or purchasing on the mobile app, web app or website, you agree that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
The website is for the purpose of communicating prices and availability; it should therefore not be regarded as an offer.
All contracts concluded between Wapp Limited, and you (the customer) are subject to our standard terms and conditions. Acceptance of an insurance policy is subject to medical screening and terms as described in policy documents. A contract is only concluded when we accept your offer by sending you confirmation of our acceptance. Our acceptance is effective when sent by us. The contractual document is contained in the acceptance from us of your offer, and our terms and conditions which are incorporated into the acceptance and excludes any other representations. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The mobile app, web app and website are only available to people who, and parties that may, lawfully enter into and form contracts under UK law.
Access to the mobile app, web app and website is free; however, you access and use them entirely at your own risk. Except as stated in these Terms of Business we make no representations or warranties in respect of the mobile app, web app and website, their contents or performance. All conditions and warranties that might otherwise be implied by statute or at common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We don’t promise that the mobile app, web app and website will always be available or that its operation will be error free; nor do we accept responsibility for any adverse effects of accessing it or downloading material from it. Wapp Limited does not accept any liability for any losses or claims arising from any inability to access the mobile app, web app and website, any interruption in the conduct of any action or any failure to complete a transaction. This includes adverse effects resulting from the downloading of viruses, the loss or corruption to material that is downloaded, website-browser incompatibility problems or damage to programmes and data already on your system.
We don’t process claims for your insurer. If you want to claim on your policy, you should contact the Insurer’s claims line (details in your policy booklet). You should not take any action, other than seeking emergency assistance, until you have spoken to your insurer. Please note, claims won’t be accepted if the account is in arrears.
At Wapp, we will do everything possible to ensure that you receive a high standard of service. However, if you’re not satisfied with the service received and you wish to register a complaint, please contact us and we will try to resolve it as quickly as possible.
There are a number of ways you can register your complaint:
|Customer Services on 0333 006 8020
|The Complaints Team
3-5 Rushmills Business Park
We will always try to resolve the issue within 3 days, but if not, we will undertake a full investigation and keep you informed of our final outcome. You’ll receive the final response within 40 working days of receipt of your complaint. If you’re still not satisfied with the way in which we have handled the complaint, then you have six months to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR
Tel: 0300 1239 123 or 0800 0234 567
Email: [email protected]
Should your complaint relate to a claim, then please see your policy wording for the claims complaints contact details.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Terms of Business Agreement, and all quotations and policies that we obtain for you, are subject to the law of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales unless your policy document states otherwise.
Updating this document
These Terms of Business may be revised from time to time. If they are revised, we will email you to let you know, and post the revised version on the mobile app, web app and website. The revisions will be effective immediately.
Please re-read this document from time to time, even if you have previously used the mobile app, web app or website. By continuing to use the mobile app, web app or website after we have changed the Terms of Business, you’ll be deemed to have accepted the changes. If, for any reason, you don’t agree to abide by our Terms of Business please don’t use the mobile app, web app or website.